- EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday December 18, 2009 at 11:59PM US Central Standard Time. This extension applies also to the student paper contest.
Student Paper Contest
All IEEE student members are invited and encouraged to enter the IGARSS Student Prize Paper Competition. Ten finalists will be selected by a committee to present their papers during a special session at the symposium in Honolulu. All finalists will be offered partial travel support funding. Three prizes will be presented: First Prize (Mikio Takagi Student Prize) US$ 500.00, Second Prize US$ 300.00, Third Prize US$ 200.00, plus certificates for each.
To enter, students should submit an abstract online at the abstract submission page, then should also submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A full, final, camera-ready paper formatting according to the paper kit section on final papers;
- a signed letter from a faculty advisor stating the student; is a candidate for a degree; will personally present the paper (if accepted); will publish in the IGARSS 2010 Proceedings; will register and participate in the symposium; and can attend the Awards Banquet;
- Proof of your student status.
- The first/principal author must be a student.
- The student must be an IEEE member.
- Each student can only submit one paper for consideration in the contest.
- The student must be in a degree program at the time of submission of IGARSS 2010 paper.
- The student must attend IGARSS 2010 and present the paper.
- The student will publish the paper in the IGARSS 2010 proceedings.
- The abstract MUST BE FORMATTED ACCORDING TO THE PAPER KIT and must be uploaded through the online system by the regular abstract submission deadline.
- The full paper MUST BE FORMATTED ACCORDING TO THE PAPER KIT and must be emailed to email@example.com by the regular abstract submission deadline.